Wednesday 29 July 2009

Birthday Wish List

Dreams can come true
Look at me babe I'm with you
You know you gotta have hope
You know you gotta be strong

Gabrielle

In the past, Jack has berated me for not producing a birthday "list". This year, I've decided to indulge myself, although it's a wish list rather than a shopping list - the things I wish for the most aren't those you can buy in store or on-line.

It's also a very personal list. Hopes for world peace, freedom of speech and civil rights for all, action for climate change, an end to poverty and starvation, and other such global matters should be taken as read.

So, in no particular order, my top 10 birthday wish list is that:
  1. After two cycles of treatment, Leo the tumor has (at the very least) stopped growing and (preferably) noticeably started to shrink.
  2. After six cycles of treatment, Steve is feeling fit and well and is in remission.
  3. The Wride family get-together at Christmas will be the best yet!
  4. We can both enjoy Katie's 21st birthday celebrations next May.
  5. This time next year, Steve will come with me to collect my bus pass and we can jog home together.
  6. I can send Steve a birthday card to mark is One Millionth birthday in 2011 (in binary numbers - work it out!)
  7. Our ruby wedding on 1 May 2012 will be an event to remember.
  8. I could turn the clock back to whenever the asbestos fibres entered Steve's lungs and stop it happening.
  9. The risks of disturbing asbestos had been recognized at the same time as its safety benefits and commercial potential.
  10. Velcade works, not just for Steve, but for everyone with mesothelioma and that the cost of the drug plummets as its use increases.

No comments:

Post a Comment