Monday 25 October 2010

We are not alone......

At the top right of the blog, under the title We are not alone, there is a list of links to other meso people's blogs. Today, I added another link to Anita's blog. Anita lives in Melbourne, Australia. Now in her late forties, she was diagnosed with mesothelioma in 2007. Her case against James Hardie was settled out of court, on the day it was due to be tried. Anita started her blog back then to let family and friends keep up-to-date with her progress - and its been one amazing journey....Following surgery, she went into remission, fell pregnant and now has a beautiful baby daughter, Emma.


Today Anita received biopsy results which confirmed her suspicions - the mesothelioma has returned.  However, although she has several tumours, they are all small and confined to her right chest area. Even so, she is looking on the bright side, enjoying the spring sunshine down under and the warmth of the sun on her skin.  After reading her blog today, I was so impressed by her positive attitude and determination to fight the disease that I have copied a paragraph below to share with you. Quite an inspiration!  



.....There are new clinical trials for Mesothelioma starting up all the time and sooner or later a cure will be found. All I have to do is to hang in there. Simple really.
For anyone in this predicament it is important to keep things in perspective and stay focussed on the positive. Medical science is moving exponentially toward cures for all cancers. The future really is looking bright we just have to stay focussed, do our best to keep our immune systems strong and try to remain positive. As I've said before, while there is life there is hope.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, I feel very honoured that you have written about me and my blog. I’ll add a link on my blog to your blog too if you don’t mind. The last few days have been a bit hectic for me but tomorrow I’ll have a bit of time to sit back and relax while I’m doing my first round of chemo so I’m looking forward to having a read of your blog too. It looks like we share similarities in both the purpose and what we hope to achieve from our blogs. All the best to you and Steve. xxx

    ReplyDelete