Sunday 30 July 2023

A celebration

It’s just over 10 weeks since I took a phone call while traveling in Scandinavia and heard the news that nobody wants to hear - a CT scan has shown up a “mass” which looks like cancer.  Like many others before me (and many still to come I suspect) I wondered at the time how many more birthdays I would be able enjoy…or even if I would make it to the next one at the end of July…

Well, I’m pleased to say that I’m still here, very much alive and (gently) kicking and I enjoyed a birthday celebration yesterday with family: son, daughter, respective partners, daughter’s baby bump and dog.  It was lovely!  Cake with candles, fizz and other drinks, and good party food.  

As well as family, I was surrounded beautiful cards and messages sending love and positive vibes.  Thank you all so much. 

No news yet from the hospital about what they found when they examined the bit of bowel that was removed.  Maybe I’ll hear this coming week, or the week after.  I should know definitely by the time I see the consultant at a post-surgery follow up appointment on 24 August.  

In the meantime, my recovery is going well.  Less pain. Bruises beginning to fade.  Wounds beginning to heal. Walking a bit further every day, now up to 3.5 miles; not bad 11 days after major surgery.  Onwards and upwards!


No comments:

Post a Comment