Friday 25 September 2009

Flying solo, bouquets and best wishes.. ...Cycle 4 Day 4

Steve was a big boy today.  He went to hospital all on his own for the second Velcade dose of this cycle, as I had to go to London for a work-related meeting. I'm pleased to report there were no major hiccups this time, just a short wait for a bed on arrival. After the usual couple of hours waiting for the blood test results to come back, Steve was cleared for treatment and was back at home before me.  That's about as smooth as it gets. Perhaps I should leave him to fly solo more often!


Our love and best wishes go out to my cousin Maureen and her husband John, who finished a course of radiotherapy this week. Have a lovely, well deserved break.  We'll catch up with you on your return, all relaxed and recuperated. Also to Debbie in Plymouth, who has had a difficult time recently - enjoy your trip to Jersey, you deserve it! 


Whilst I'm giving out bouquets and best wishes, I would also like to say thank you to my employer and work friends for the sympathy and understanding everyone has shown me over the last few months, both in and out of "the office". Very, very much appreciated. Thanks also to all those who took part in the World's Biggest Coffee Morning organized by Macmillan Cancer Support to raise money for people affected by cancer.  I hope the cakes in Temple Quay House, Bristol went down well!


Last but not least, tomorrow 25 September is Mesothelioma Awareness Day, in the USA which aims to raise the profile of this cancer through a radio campaign and a campaign to make Mesothelioma Awareness Day official in cities and states across America.  Good luck to all involved.  The equivalent in the UK is Action Mesothelioma Day in February. We'll have to think about how we can get involved next year......any ideas, anyone?  


That's all folks. Dry your eyes and put away the hankie, the awards ceremony is over - for now, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment