Saturday 17 April 2010

Perfect day

The wind has dropped, the sun is shining, the sky is blue without a hint of cloud (or a vapour trail for that matter).  We were whisked away to lunch at one our our favourite riverside pubs in Oxford by Ian, visiting from Vietnam.  The company was as entertaining and delightful as ever, the food delicious and the chocolate martinis (which sound bizarre) turned out to be a great way to finish a wonderful meal.  Thank you so much Ian, and Happy Birthday for tomorrow, wherever you are - volcanic ash being the determining factor!




We were dropped off in town and walked back home through a city centre thronged with musicians and dancers at every corner and on every patch of open space - Morris dancers, clog dancers, and all sorts of other dancers tapping their feet, waving hankies and sticks, and everybody with a smile on their face. 



Unless you are an air traveler or working inside, this has been a perfect day.  Here's to many more!  


It's been a while since I ended the blog with a quote, but today's is perfect:


I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night

And I think to my self:
"What a wonderful world!"

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shaking hands saying "How do you do."
Thay really say: "I love you!"

I hear babies crying I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself:
"What a wonderful world!"
Yes, I think to myself:
"What a wonderful world!" 

Oh yeah!


No comments:

Post a Comment