So - no treatment today or Friday; try again next week....
Where does that leave us?
- the revised treatment dates I finally got round to putting on the calendar will have to be updated again (good job they're in pencil this time)
- plans to do things during future "weeks off" chemo are still on hold (a bit frustrating)
- the revised earliest date for the end of the treatment is now pushed back to the last week in November
- I'll need to sort out some clashes between my work commitments and Steve's "new" hospital days
On the bright side
- all the other tests results were normal
- Steve's immune system will be fighting fit before the next dose of Velcade is administered
- we're learning to expect the unexpected, getting better at being flexible and adaptable and making the best of how things turn out
- there's an unexpected "window of opportunity" to do things now this week is free of hospital visits and the need to allow for post-chemo recovery
Time to have a cup of tea and think about some enjoyable things to do (once the remains of ex-hurricane Bill have passed over us...)
Post a Comment